A lot of people have been sad and surrounded by sadness for so long that they have forgotten to be happy. In fact some people go out of their way to sabotage happiness when they find it because it feels so strange and unusually. Being surrounded by reason to be sad can overwhelm you. Maybe someone you love is sick, you’re really low on cash, your business isn’t where you want it to be, your life might not even be where you want it to be, your health might have gotten away from you, and you are surrounded by so many reasons and reminders as to why you shouldn’t be happy. But here’s the truth, even in the midst of a shit storm, you can still create happiness for yourself. In fact being able to create happiness will enable you bounce back from certain setbacks.
Here’s my advice to you, don’t tie your happiness to someone, or to an event.
. Be in control of your own happiness and create it every day and make enough happiness to share with people. Here are 10 benefits of being happy now:
Don’t wait until everything falls into place before you permit yourself to be happy
- It helps you connect with people. Being happy draws you to people and others to you as well.
- It helps you to be able to give and receive love and affection.
- It opens your eyes to opportunities that you would have otherwise missed out on.
- It gives you resilience to go through whatever storm life throws at you and it enables you help people going through storm as well.
- It helps you feel secure and safe in who you are. It brings out the best in you and makes you feel better as a person.
- It helps you feel connected to your higher purpose.
- It makes you feel energized to accomplish anything and everything.
- It helps you make better choices for yourself and the people around you.
- It attracts more reasons to be happy to you.
- It makes you look younger.