When was the last time you took some time off to treat yourself, or just to take care of yourself? When was the last time you did something nice to show yourself love and support? So many people get so caught up with life and work that their own “self” becomes an afterthought. You get so occupied and busy that you postpone things that would benefit your health like healthy food, exercise, human connection, spiritual connection, comic relief, romance etc. You put these things off with the excuse that you are too busy. You feel like if you don’t run around fixing other people’s demands and meeting their expectations of you that you are somehow selfish, or irresponsible, or maybe even lazy. Well guess what, it’s okay for you to take care of yourself and to make out time for things you love.
Me time is a very important time of the day
You need to give yourself permission to:
- Make time for a walk with your spouse.
- To see the cool movie you love.
- To lie in bed a do nothing for a minute.
- Buy that lovely dress that has been on your mind
- Spend extra time talking with your kids.
- To create time to see your friend and talk about everything and nothing in particular.
- Take a break in the office and just listen to music on your headphones for a minute.
- Do whatever it is that you know would make you happy and spread joy.
Because the truth is, no one is stopping you, but you.
Don’t feel guilty for taking time to tend to yourself, your emotion, your body, and your needs. Self-care isn’t selfish, it’s important.